Patients who fail to attend for their appointments and do not inform the practice incur significant cost to the practice and to other patients in terms of lost appointments. The practice is committed to providing appointments to meet the needs of patients but cannot replace appointments lost due to failure to attend.
The practice Did not Attend (DNA) rates are shown on the graphs at the bottom of this section - all of these appointments could have been made available to other patients.
Please help us to help you by always cancelling an appointment you are unable to attend or no longer need.
It is our practice policy to monitor all cases of patients not attending appointments (Did not Attend—DNA) and contact will be made with all patients who fail to inform the practice that they will not be attending their appointment.
Patients who repeatedly fail to attend appointments and do not contact the surgery in advance will be sent a letter confirming the practice appointment policy and asking if there are specific problems preventing them from letting us know.
- A further DNA appointment following the issue of the letter will result in review of the circumstances by the Practice Manager and one of the Partners to determine what action will be taken.
- Possible outcomes in this situation are:
- The patient will be invited to meet with the Practice Manager to explain why they have difficulties in failing to notify the surgery.
- The patient will receive a further warning letter that further occurrences of DNA will result in their removal from the practice list.
- The patient will be sent a letter informing them that they will be removed from the practice list.
We will also monitor patients who fail to attend appointments at Hospitals and other clinics to which they have been referred.
Should you have any comments, suggestion or concerns regarding our policy on appointments please ask to speak to the Practice Manager.
DNA Figures 2009/10
DNA Figures 2010/11
DNA Figures 2011/12